Friday 2 March 2007

At Last!!

First Rock of 2007! It was a long time in comming but it was worth it - after spending the day waiting on my car (finally got it's new CD player) we decided to kill 3 birds with one stone and go to Frodsham, check out my new school in Helsby and bring Rocky for a walk...

Apart from Rocky nearly falling down the hillside below the crag it was a great evening - Dry rock (if a little green!) and an amazing pump! I thought i had been doing some stamina training on the home board but apparently not! Caroline spent her time on the traverse involving poor footies and plenty of small pocket-y crimps and slopy edges - I played on the straight up problems.

A good sign was that despite the present headcold i'm carrying and my lack of actual climbing over the past couple of months i managed to flash a couple of problems that i could never even touch before! Must be doing something right at least :) i just felt generally more in control of the climbing - nothing felt desperate or shakey.... watch this space!

On another note, the crag overlooks the school where i'm due to finish my teacher training so it looks like I'll be leaving the Pad in the boot of the car for a few months and nipping up to get pumped during any free lessons - Sweet!

No comments: